Flexterrra HP-FGM (High Performance – Flexible Growth Medium)
When site conditions are extreme or challenging a FGM is the best choice for a successful outcome where erosion control and functional longevity are paramount. Research has shown the performance of Flexterra HP-FGM to surpass other hydraulic mulch products and is effective immediately upon application for a period of up to 18 months. Flexterra provides protection in the following ways:
- Bonds directly to the soil
- Provides fast vegetative establishment
- Minimises soil loss and turbidity of effluent run-off.
Application to a 25m high quarry face.
Green Design Engineering
Green design engineering is a holistic approach that combines agronomic and engineering expertise to provide cost effective and earth friendly solutions.
Flexterra HP-FGM combines both chemical and mechanical bonding to lock the medium to the ground and promote accelerated germination with minimal soil loss. Flexterra meets current environmental expectations for the most sensitive of projects:
- It comprises 100% recycled wood fibres which have been heat treated and phyto-sanitised to eliminate weed seeds and pathogens.
- The man-made fibres that increase erosion control and minimise curing time are 100% bio-degradable.
- There are naturally derived non-toxic bio-polymers and water absorbents to enhance performance both in erosion control and as a growth supporting medium.